The News Guard

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY MEETING

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:43 pm

The Oregon Office of State Fire Marshal, in partnership with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Northwest Natural Gas and North Lincoln Fire & Rescue, is providing a 2-hour presentation on carbon monoxide (CO) safety information and education.

The free public meeting will run from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, at the Lincoln City Cultural Center.

Topics include CO safety, CO sources in and around the house, symptoms of CO poisoning, Oregon statutes and rules covering CO alarms, placement in residential buildings, testing and maintenance, and educational messaging and resources.

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insulting other writers.
  • 2 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
  • 4 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 5 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 6 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
  • 7 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness acounts, the history behind an article.
  • 8 WARNING: Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
  • 9 Stay On Topic Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.

Welcome to the discussion.

Our Current Edition